Today I want to talk you about staying on track with going on vacation. I wanted to share my tips with you because even when I go on vacation still get a run in. Don't get me wrong vacation is a great time to relax and enjoy time with family and friends, but is also a great opportunity to explore new places and see new things. On almost all of my vacations I have always managed to still get in a few runs. When in Mexico they had a gym that I could use or I would run around the resort, in Maui I would run along the ocean because seriously how often does that happen. When I visit my Grand Parents in Florida every Year I absolutely Love Running the beaches in the Morning when the sun is coming up.
Here are my Tips for Staying on track while on Vacation
- Pick a Resort/Hotel that has a Fitness Center
- Pick a Resort/Hotel that has paths for walking/running
- Look for nearby trails and adventures that you can go on while you are on vacation
- In your training Schedule Plan for Vacation, make it a lighter running week so that you can go on runs that are for fun and adventure
- Look for a Race while you are there
- I usually look for 5k's because they are short and sweet and bonus if they come with a fun t-shirt from your vacation destination, now you have something cool to tell your friends about
- If you are going someplace warm, plan your run for the morning when it is cooler and less busy.
- If you have kids with you this will give you some great alone time.
- It will also give you a chance to see some beautiful sunrises, take a picture and #gazellegirl share your adventure with other like minded runners
- Remember you are on Vacation, these runs should be fun and enjoyable not about paces, and tempos, and hills all though if you find a great hill while you are out there might as well dominate it :) !!
- If you are going someplace where you do not feel comfortable running outside, For example: Las Vegas we went there a couple of years ago and I did not feel comfortable running on my own even early in the morning.
- Find a running buddy if you are going with friends
- Use the Gym at your Hotel, most of time Hotels have Gyms you just have to look for them
Have FUN !!! on your Vacation Runs !! #Gazellegirl