Check out This post on
Gazelle Girl Half Marathon Blog
This was the original which just has a few more pictures!!!
Hey Girls My Name is Melissa and I LOVE Running, I am an Assistant High School Cross Country Coach, Girls on the Run Coach and Part time Fitness Instructor. I have Run a ton of 5ks, 10k's, a 15k, a number of 1/2 Marathons, the 5/3 River Bank Run a few times, and 1 Marathon so far. Last Year 2015 was my first Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon and I LOVED it.
Here are my Top ways to stay motivated.
- Find A Running Group
- I have a group the always runs on Saturday Morning for their Long run so even though when I want to sleep in Saturday Morning I know they are going to be there
- Find a Go to Running Girl Friend
- Finding someone that you can just run and chat with will make running more enjoyable, not all runs are long or hard so finding a friend that can consistency go with you will help you get out the door and enjoy your run
- I have give a big shout out to my sister the best running buddy I have and we are stuck with each other :) Love Ya
- Sign up for a race or a few races
- To stay motivated through the winter I sign up for a few spring races that way I have something to train towards.
- I also look for races in fun places, Like I am going to visit my Grand Parents in Florida at the end of February and I found a Coconut 5K to do down there while I am vising. Run on Vacation ? YES who wouldn't want to run along the beach and ocean.
- Follow a runner the inspires you on Instagram
- I follow a few different runners and bloggers on Instagram that Inspire and motivate me. Seeing their workouts and pictures just helps me keep going.
- Get a Running Plan made for you by a Coach
- I just got my first personalize running plan made just for me with workouts at my paces and for the days that I run. It feels good to know that your workouts are all for purpose and will help you hit your goals.
I asked a Few of my Runner Friends to help me with this post and share what motives them.
- Energy, feeling better, weight, being able to hit goals to go faster and longer- Jaime
- What keeps me motivated to run is signing up for 5ks and having my friends signing up with me. I have never been a runner but once I was successful at running my first mile without stopping it made me motivated to try and run another and another. Also, a great playlist helps motivate me to run! - Becky
- Energy and the energized feeling after a really good run; time with friends; health physically and spiritual and emotional renewal and revitalization; seeing and experiencing creation in ways only possible on foot- Virginia
- I always keep some sort of goal in mind. A certain pace, distance, or race. Challenging myself keeps me motivated. I would also add that resting and not overdoing it keeps me motivated because I am less likely to burn out. After a few days of active rest (walking, yoga, etc) I end up looking forward to the next time I can get out and run.- Megan
- The runners high afterwards always makes me feel great. I am also competitive and I love seeing the improvements I am making. And signing up for races is a good way to make sure I keep going and challenging myself.-Whitney
- The best motivation is races! Runners are a very inclusive group and no one cares how fast you run except yourself. The feeling you have after finishing a race is unbeatable.-Susan
- I feel great after! Helps my anxiety. It allows this mama time to her self
And if you run with a friend it becomes girl time.-Dana
- No matter how hard it is to get out there (too early, too late, too cold, too hot...), you're never sorry later that you did it!-Jennifer