We went from Snow to Rain and it is a mess outside so why not stay inside and bake !!! I made these Yesterday and they were AWESOME !!! the batter kind of tasted like cake batter, it must have been the Vanilla Greek yogurt and the Protein powder. Enjoy
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins Prep: 5 min Bake: 28 min Makes: 12 muffins
1 ¾ all purpose gluten free flour (I use Cup4Cup.)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg, room temp
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon juice (Keeps the flavor fresh and balances out sweetness. Can leave out if you don’t have it.)
1 ¼ cups Greek yogurt (I used vanilla Greek yogurt.)
1 ½ cups frozen blueberries (Leave in the freezer until just before you mix in the batter. This will keep the color from bleeding!)
I also added a Scoop of vanilla protein powder and a little milk to thin it out
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or line a standard muffin tin. 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the GF flour and baking powder.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg until it is well combined. Add in the white sugar and whisk together well until thick. Add the oil, vanilla, and lemon juice and whisk to combine.
4. Add in the Greek yogurt and whisk very well until fully combined. Mixture will be thick! Set aside for a moment.
5. Add the frozen blueberries into the GF flour mixture. Toss them in the flour to coat them, this will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin.
6. Pour the yogurt mixture into the GF flour bowl. Stir until combined using spoon or spatula. Batter will be very thick.
7. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. I used a 1/4 cup cookie scoop.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are springy to the touch and edges are starting to turn golden. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack.
Muffins are best fresh, but will keep for several days in an airtight container!
By the way the rain has now turned back to snow.. In case you were wondering !!! Good thing I ordered a new winter coat off backcountry.com.. It cant get here soon enough.. I really wanted one of those super warm North Face Jackets that goes down to like your knees.. but I ended up ordering a Colombia jacket instead, hopefully it meets my expectations or I might just be forking out a few hundred for the North Face one anyways.